Taken at Auckland War Memorial Museum 1998. This aircraft has been displayed in a metal finish since the 1950's. During a refurbishment in 1997, it was found to have worn camoflouge at an earlier time , and was repainted in the colours of 501 'County of Gloucester' Squadron. the aircraft is now displayed in a 'flying' position, and a clear panel has been installed to allow the RR Merlin engine to be viewed.
© 1999 Phillip Treweek, all rights reserved