Taken at the Museum of Transport and Technology, 29 August, 1996. Built in 1938, this aircraft has had a varied career. Originally a civil airliner with Cook Strait Airways (named 'Neptune'), it was impressed by the RNZAF in 1939. After serving with the Communications Flight at Rongotai (Wellington), it was sold to Air Travel(NZ) in December, 1944. The aircraft later served with NAC (named 'Mokai'), and carried out its last commercial work with Mt Cook Air Services on the West Coast. This aircraft was flown to Ardmore in 1974, to be placed on display at MOTAT.
© 1996 Phillip Treweek, all rights reserved